IDC: Instant Dialogue Cleaner Installation and Activation Instructions
- IDC is protected by iLok and requires a free iLok account. If you do not already have an iLok account, please create one here. You’ll also need to install the latest version of the iLok License Manager. If you already have the License Manager installed, please check for updates and be sure you are using the latest version, as using older versions can prevent IDC from activating successfully.
- If you purchased IDC directly from Audionamix, you can download the IDC plug-in from your account page. If you purchased through another website, you will not see IDC on your account page, so please download IDC from here: audionamix.com/download-instant-dialogue-cleaner
- Open iLok License Manager, sign in if necessary, go to the Licenses menu and click “Redeem Activation Code”.
- Enter your iLok Activation Code. If you purchased IDC directly from Audionamix, you will see this code next to IDC on your account page. If you purchased through another website, the code should have been sent to you in your order confirmation email. The code consists of 30 numbers, in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX. If you did not receive an Activation Code, please email us at email@example.com and we will assist you.
- Once activated, IDC will appear in iLok License Manager in your list of available licenses. If you have a physical iLok dongle, you can now activate IDC to your iLok. To do so, click Instant Dialogue Cleaner in the list, then go to the Licenses menu and click Activate. You can also right-click on Instant Dialogue Cleaner and select Activate, or drag and drop Instant Dialogue Cleaner from the list onto the name of your iLok dongle on the left side of the screen. If you do not have a dongle, go to File and select “Open Cloud Session”. This will activate IDC in a Cloud Session to allow it to be used (requires internet access).
- Open the program in which you will use IDC, and it will appear in the plug-in or effect list. You may need to re-scan plug-ins in the program for IDC to show up. IDC works in many DAWs and video editors, but not all. Please click here for the most up-to-date list of programs which support IDC.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDC is an offline product and does not require an internet connection to process audio. You will only need an internet connection for loading an iLok Cloud Session if you do not have a physical iLok. Please see this article for more information.
If you have already activated IDC on your iLok account, and it is not being recognized when you launch your audio program (asking for the activation code again, or otherwise not working), please be sure to update your iLok License Manager to the latest version. Using an older version may cause these issues. You can download the latest version from here, or update from within the program as follows:
Mac: iLok License Manager menu > Check for Application Updates
Windows: Help > Check for Application Updates
For further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com
IDC is protected by PACE Fusion and uses the iLok / iLok Cloud authorization system. You will need to have an account with iLok and will need the latest version of the iLok License Manager to work with IDC.
If you don’t have a physical iLok dongle, no worries! You can use an iLok Cloud Session to use IDC. To do this, go to File > Open Cloud Session (Windows) or iLok License Manager > Open Cloud Session (Mac) from within iLok License Manager. This will activate your IDC license so that it is recognized by your audio program. You must be connected to the internet to use a Cloud Session. To end the Cloud Session, go back to the same menu and choose Close Cloud Session. You will need to close the Cloud Session in order to make the IDC license available again for transfer to a physical iLok, for example.
IDC 1.5 is the current release version.
Since IDC is a plug-in, it requires a host software to run. We have tested IDC and can confirm version 1.5 compatibility with the following software hosts:
- AVID Pro Tools (12.x – 2018) and Pro Tools | Ultimate 2018
- AVID Media Composer 2018
- Logic Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X (10.4.2 and below). In newer versions of FCPX, IDC may cause pops and clicks during playback and/or export.
- Steinberg Nuendo 8
- Steinberg Cubase 7, 9 – 9.5
- Steinberg Wavelab 9 – 9.5
- Adobe Audition CC
- Digital Performer 9
- Ableton Live 9
- Studio One
- Reaper 64
Although IDC may work with some other DAWs, only those that are listed here are officially supported.
If you have questions about compatibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest information.