I’m excited to be working together with Audionamix on some real cutting edge technology. Their source separation solution is the only one I’ve found that really works for creating professional sounding acapellas and instrumentals.
I’ve gone ahead and put together a 5-part video tutorial series on using Audionamix ADX TRAX Pro 3 SP to isolate vocals from a song. In it, we’ll walk through a vocal extraction together, from start-to-finish. Some of the things we’ll cover include:
- Running the initial audio source separation
- Refining the pitch guide to achieve a more accurately pitched separation
- Boosting consonants to extract those hard-to-isolate “S” and “F” sounds
- Using different algorithms to get the best end result possible
- Diving into the Spectral Editor to polish your isolation for that last 5–10%
In addition to this tutorial series, I’ve been doing Pro Tip videos. In these, I explain how to use a TRAX power feature. You can find the first 2 I did here, where we cover the Smart Attenuate Tool and the Pan-Specific View.
Finally, I’ll also be live streaming my production process for a new remix track, using TRAX to get the original acapella. I’m pretty excited about it, so stay tuned for more!
Check out the tutorial series today, be sure to subscribe if you enjoy it, and of course, leave a comment if you have any questions or ideas for more videos you’d like to see.
Until next time,